Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I set my computer to always open hyperlinks in a new internet window?

When I get an email with a hyperlink (say an evite) through Outlook and I click the link, it will always use my currently-open internet window and redirect to the new page. But I often listen to internet music or just don't want to direct away from that page. I tried right-clicking the link, but there's no ';open in a new window'; option. Is there a way to set it so that it will open in a new window?





Also, to the people programming these things, it's rather presumptious to hijack my current window and stop what I'm doing, for your purposes. Just rude!How do I set my computer to always open hyperlinks in a new internet window?
In your internet explorer window, look under Tools, Internet Options, the Advanced Tab, the Browsing section, you should find a checkbox for ';Reuse windows for launching shortcuts';. It's probably checked on your system. Uncheck it. I'm on IE6, and this is where I can find it. Not sure if it translates to your browser, though. Good Luck. HTH.How do I set my computer to always open hyperlinks in a new internet window?
Thanks for your very specific answer!!! I was looking for the same info. %26amp; couldn't find it until now. ;)

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment