Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long is recovery after open heart surgery?

I'm 21 years old, fairly fit, healthy lifestyle, trampoline competitively 3 times a week and am very active. A few months ago I was diagnosed with Coarctation of the Aorta. I have to have surgery in June where they are going to remove the part of my aorta which has narrowed and replace it with a tube.





I have been told that I will be recovering for up to 6 weeks after which I will be able to resume trampolining again. I am wary of this as most of the doctors I've met have sugar coated a lot and I am unsure how much to trust what they say. It was diagnosed due to obscenely high blood pressure, peaking at 190/110.





If anyone can give me any information based on personal experience or experience of close friends/relatives I would be very grateful.How long is recovery after open heart surgery?
This isn't true open heart surgery. Find out exactly what they call it then you will be able to look up all the patient relevant info yourself without a problem.





If they spread the rib cage then it is a year of recovery. 6 weeks sounds like minimal insertion with scope operation or procedure.





After that recovery period you will be weak from 6 weeks of restrictions on certain amounts of movements. You will have to build yourself back up over time to what you are doing now.
  • Ltd
  • do africans sweat more than white
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment