Monday, August 16, 2010

How much alcohol do I need for 100 wedding guests?

There are two banquet halls we are looking at. One costs less, comes with a bartender, but we have to bring our own alcohol. The other is more expensive, but comes with 4 hours of full open bar. My fiance and I don't drink, so we don't know how much we would need to spend on alcohol for 100 people or how much alcohol we would need.How much alcohol do I need for 100 wedding guests?
It depends of which kind of beverage.





Beer? Two cans is more than enough (as there will be people who don麓t drink and their store will easily ';flow'; to the drunken ones). Unless you want some inconvenient drunk people to mess up your party.





My suggestion would be to CUT OUT THAT CRAP.





My marriage went smootly without alcohol. Nobody ever noticed, except children who were happy to drink ';adult beverages'; with no alcohol content.





That was our choice, made regardless price or any fear about drunken and inconvenient guest. We both nobody would spoil our moment, but even so I thought hipocrite to have alcohol when the two main characters wouldn麓t drink it.How much alcohol do I need for 100 wedding guests?
I went to a wedding with open beer and wine for 200 guests and they only went through a keg and 33 bottles of wine.
I am catering alcohol for our wedding - we have about 70 adults.


I have spoken to various establishments about this and how to work it out. there is a standard way of working it out but only you know how many of your guests are drinkers or should I say BIG Drinkers!





Usually you allow approx 6-8 drinks per person. I think I am going 10.! (mainly because of certain males drinking beer...) When you are buying it yourself then you can get stuff on special. I also have to buy softdrink too - do you as well? I have worked on $10-15 per person to spend in my budget. I know a lot of people will only be having average 2-3 drinks, some none - just softdrink or water.





At my sisters wedding they had a bar tab for the same amount of people - $750 - and it was more than enough. Other groups I know of have spent in the thousands!,..... Not this little blackduck! It is not your responsiblity to pay for everyone else to get drunk!! A couple of wines with their meal / welcoming you / toasting etc - that should be enough for most people.





I am making a punch for starters and then there will be wine (moscato and sauv blanc, and a little bit of red - cab merlot) and a few bottles of sparkling wine. We will also have beer (which wont matter if we have some left over!).





Your local bottle shops (big ones) should have a calculator on their website to help you work out your party needs. If not here is one on a local site of mine, which may give you an indicator





http://www.1stchoice.com.au/html/partyhe鈥?/a>





However I got worried thinking it may not be enough and as my reception venue does not have a stocked bar except for what I put in it - I did not want to run out!! So we are buying more and my bottleshop allows party returns. What that means is that whatever doesnt get used I can return it for full refund ( as long as it is resellable ie wine bottle labels are still on etc)





You dont have to worry about spirits especially as you both dont drink. And besides it is not standard nor expected. Beer, wine and softdrink is the norm.





The other option is can the venue just do a cash bar? Not a package but people buy their own drinks at their own cost.? They should be able to as they are only offering 4hr package to start with - what happens after that? Mind you they probably dont want to do that as they will get way more money out of you by charging you a per head price. Whether people drink the quantity or not you will still be paying for it!





I know some places have a minimum bar spend of $2000 which I think is wrong. You will save money if you buy it yourself that is for sure. So your decision is not about whether to have it or not just about who is buying it ? Is that right?
Work it out to about 4 glasses per person of whatever you are serving (eg wine or beer), some will have more and some will have less.


Allow 6 glasses per bottle for wine, and a 375ml of beer per glass if getting a keg (this is how much is per can/bottle).





However, you said the other venue has full open bar, does that include spirits? If so it may be less expensive in the end going with them (if you did want spirits for your byo bar as well)
Well, maybe figure, on average, one bottle of wine per three people would probably work well, so maybe like around 33 - 35 bottles of wine? Since you don't drink, you don't want to end up with extra, and you also don't want people getting obscenely drunk at your wedding, so I'd aim maybe a little lower, like 33 bottles.
I would get 8 bottles of wine 4 white 4 read 4 cases 24ct of bear 2 cases light two caese dark, 10 bottles of variaty sodas, couple cran jucies and ojs, 2 handles of rum, 2 handles or vodka, 1 handle of all your other basic liqors. Your looking at like 750 for 100 pp
alotttt

No comments:

Post a Comment