Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I get my jammed closet door open?

i wanted to get my room clean pretty fast so i could go out with my friends...but i shoved a whole bunch of crap in it closed the door real fast so nothing would fall out...well now i tried to open my door and it wont...it must have gotten jammed....now when i turn the door handle, the door wont even open a little bit...how do I get it open, when you cant remove the door knob? Is there any way without destroying the door?How do I get my jammed closet door open?
I suggest pushing the door inward, then try turning the handle. The latch is probally jammed in the strike plate.How do I get my jammed closet door open?
Remove the bolts from the hinges of your door and open it from that side.
Remove the hinge pins with a ';pin punch'; (or similar object) and a hammer. Start at the bottom pin and work your way up. Good luck.
Have a friend stand in front of the door to make sure it doesn't knock you out and remove the hinge pins with a hammer and screwdriver. Something is likely stuck in the hinges. That trick only works in the cartoons.
remove the hinge pins and you can get in.If the door opens outward that is .you can take a hammer and a nail or a nail-set and knock the pins out. You also can use a screwdriver and put it on the side of the head of the pins and tap out.

No comments:

Post a Comment